Whitepaper: Email DLP or how to stop bleeding sensitive data through your emails
Every unprotected email that leaves your company can be intercepted, exploited or manipulated by hackers. This poses a great risk, especially for the sensitive data it contains, such as credit card or account numbers, user data, confidential documents, personal information, etc. Not to mention the legal fines due to non-compliance with data protection regulations.
This is why more and more companies are opting for Data Loss Prevention (DLP). DLP refers to any technology used to protect data. For email, DLP specialises in preventing data leaks from email communication by blocking insider threats, mitigating human error, and detecting sensitive data and suspicious activity.
In this whitepaper, our experts explain:
- What exactly is DLP
- How DLP prevents malicious or accidental data leakage through outgoing emails
- Which email parameters does DLP monitor
- What actions can be taken in the event of a critical email?
- Who benefits most from DLP
- What rules need to be defined in the company for DLP technology to work optimally
Advanced Data Loss Prevention based on the principle “analyze, evaluate, block”
iQ.Suite for automated and reliable centralized DLP:
- Identification of sensitive information in email texts and attachments
- Detection of behavior anomalies in email transmission
- Double-check (four-eyes) principle review and release of stopped emails
- Educational notification feature that strengthens the security awareness of employees
- Web-based dashboard for visualization of key figures
- Compliance with current data protection guidelines
Read more about DLP:
GBS is a distinguished provider of e-mail and collaboration security solutions in Germany with almost 30 years of experience in data protection, productivity and compliance. The company is recognized as a leader in cyber security solutions, particularly in the areas of Data Loss Prevention and Collaboration Security by top market researchers in Germany and by our partners.
GBS offers one of the most comprehensive next-generation solutions for e-mail productivity, compliance and multi-level protection of e-mail communication and data exchange across different collaboration platforms against all types of security threats. Our solutions for Microsoft 365, Office 365, Exchange and HCL Domino are easy to use and flexible, covering key areas such as malware protection, encryption, e-mail productivity, data leakage, workflow and compliance.
GBS solutions protect more than 2 million end users worldwide. The company has built long-standing relationships with over 2,000 customers.